With June already upon us, it’s important to be smart and the sun and how you can minimize your risk of skin damage. Not only is sun damage unsightly – it is also dangerous. With the number of skin cancer cases per year on the rise, here are some tips on how to protect your skin while still having fun outdoors this summer!
1. The sun’s rays are at their strongest between the hours of 10am and 4pm. So be aware when you are spending more than a half an hour outdoors during these hours. Be sure to wear your Adams Center Sunscreen and reapply after you go for a swim or get off the tennis court. Be especially wary when you are out on the water, as the sun’s intensity increases as it reflects off the water. All summer long we are offering 15% off all Adams Center sunscreens!
2. Wear a hat! A hat can be one of the greatest defenses against sun damage on the face. It’s also a great opportunity to make a fashion statement or represent your team. Take a look at Shopstyle for some great summer beach styles or wear your favorite Red Sox hat even when your not at the ball park!
3. Don’t forget to protect your lips! Make sure you are using a SPF protective lip balm in addition to sunscreen. This will also prevent your lips from drying out and cracking all summer long!
4. Still want summer color? Try some of our Jane Iredale Tantasia Sunless Tanner. Jane Iredale products are mineral based and beneficial for your skin. Plus we are offering 20% off Jane Iredale Tantasia Sunless Tanner and 15% off Jane Iredale Bronze A Go-Go and Quad Bronzers all summer long as well! Jane Iredale make-up also has an added layer of sun protection which also makes it a great choice for summer.
5. Choose snacks with lot’s of antioxidants – like blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and plums. Antioxidants help neutralize free radicals in our environment which can help accelerate the aging process. So be sure to pack your beach cooler with lots of these yummy snacks. And don’t forget to drink lots of water!
6. And don’t forget to wear your shades. Make sure you choose lenses that have UV protection. It’s even possible to get contact with UV protection included. There are so many fashions and styles to choose from on the market.