This natural peel is gentle on the skin and effective in reducing the appearance of wrinkles, sun damage and other signs of aging, and acne.
How does glycolic acid work?
Glycolic acid works by:
- Loosening or dissolving glue-like substances that hold the outer, rough layer of cells to each other and to the underlying epidermis
- Affecting deeper levels of the skin by regenerating collagen and elastin
- Effectively removing brown spots or age spots
- Serving as a powerful antioxidant to prevent free-radical aging
Glycolic acid and acne
Glycolic acid loosens dead cells which can clog skin follicle. Acne disappears as the follicle clears, glycolic acid will work to prevent a reoccurrence of the condition.
What results can I expect?
- Markedly softer, smoother, healthier looking skin
- Increased elasticity and firmness
- Fine lines & wrinkles lessen or disappear
- Reduction and further prevention of acne, blemishes, and blackheads
- Minimal side-effects such as mild stinging in some patients
Glycolic acid (a type of alpha-hydroxy acid) is derived from sugar cane and is naturally occurring.